Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Note About the Blog Title

As I've thought about moving from Carepages to a blog, I’ve been thinking I’d do a title spin-off from C.S. Lewis’ classic, A Grief Observed, by titling the blog “My Grief Observed.” But in just these past few days (visitation, Celebration service, sympathy cards), I’ve realized that this whole deal (if you’re new, more on the “whole deal” later) is more than grief, it’s also processing, learning, listening, receiving support and ultimately somehow and some way, recovering. Grieving, processing, learning and recovering are pretty much the base elements of a journey. And so, I welcome you to observe this journey with me. But I would ask that you do more than observe. Would you please enter in, support, encourage and contribute? This is the continuation of the phrase mentioned in Dane’s memorial service, “you are my Verizon Network.” But we are all each other’s Verizon Network. This isn’t just for me. It’s for all of us who loved, were loved by, and were changed by Dana.

And a note about the photo in the blog title block: this was the Grinell Lake trail in Glacier National Park, a trip Dane and I took in the summer of 2009.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Bear for setting this up. The pic above is spectacular--just like you and Dane. I keep you lifted before the King. If you ever need a get-away, Northern Indiana awaits you--where the Amish plod (watch out for buggy "exhaust") and the snow flies (did I mention "Lake Effect"?). I love ya man.--Riege

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to continuing the journey with you, Barry. I'll share with you sometime how Dana "changed" me. A powerful moment from the year we roomed together at AC. I'll forever be grateful. Love and prayers to you today, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference a year makes. Your friends and family will embrace this journey. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you set this up...i was afraid i would lose all the carepages pages that you wrote...i may be a long way away but i have been journeying with you...crying, laughing, and remembering. you and dane were used to change my life and no-one knows me, who doesnt know of you! i am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I notice how often we're all including the words "crying, laughter and prayer" in our postings. Those three things weave like a cord through so many of our posted thoughts. When I was a little girl and learned how to make a braid, I was taught that it required 3 equal pieces, equally woven, to make a strong cord. Those 3 things: prayer, laughter, and tears. They are creating a cord for all of us to hold on to.

    ReplyDelete